When you talk about big-money progressive jackpot slots, Mega Moolah almost inevitably comes to mind for most experienced players. This appears, at first, to be a simple, basic slot game themed on a safari. However, hidden within it is the bonus round of all bonus rounds, leading some lucky players to become instant multimillionaires.
This slot has paid out jackpots as high as £12,000,000 before. Could you be next?
Mega Moolah – The Essentials
- This is a Microgaming slot. This British software company needs no introduction, and so a quality gaming experience is a sure thing.
- This slot has five reels and 25 paylines. This is a decent number of ways to win.
- It has an African wildlife/safari theme and bright, colourful graphics. It’s almost cartoonish and playful, which is why so many underestimate it at first.
- The Mega Moolah jackpot is progressive, so how much is up for grabs depends on when you’re playing. It will almost always be several million.
- You can spin from £/€0.25 if you’re on a budget. However, spins can cost as much as £/€125 if you’re a high-roller.
Mega Moolah Slot Features
Despite offering life-changing jackpots, this is a fairly simple slot with no other outstanding features.
- Double Wild Wins – If you create a winning combination featuring a lion wild that win will be doubled.
- Free Spins – When triggered, this feature gives you 15 free spins and all wins are tripled.
- Progressive Jackpot – This is the main event as far as this slot game is concerned. It’s won on a bonus wheel offering several progressive jackpots. The Mega Jackpot is the one which will make you filthy rich.
How to Play
- First, decide how many paylines you want active. This can be between one and 25. Click the numbers at the side of the game screen to determine this.
- Next, set your bet level. This can be between 0.01 and 0.05 and is done by toggling the arrows on the bottom bar (besides your balance).
- Then, you need to set the number of coins you want to bet per line. This can be between one and five. The more you bet, the greater the cost per spin and the bigger the potential payouts.
- When you feel like it, click the spin button in the bottom right.
- At any time, you can simply click the “bet max” button. Be aware that this automatically places the bet. There’s no time to change your mind.
Mega Moolah Slot Tips
The way you play Mega Moolah should be tailored to the game itself. Here are some tips:
- Lots of players have noticed a correlation between bigger bets and the frequency of the bonus round being triggered. There’s nothing to officially say that’s so, but it might be worth trying out.
- Set your bet size in preparation for the free spins round being triggered. Those x3 multiplier wins really do add up!
- Don’t expect lots of small wins in the base game. This slot is all about the progressive and has a relatively low RTP of 94%.
It’s pretty obvious to anyone why this is Microgaming’s biggest hit – it can make you lotto-winner rich in seconds. This one is all about the bonus wheel and can be pretty uneventful apart from that. Each time it triggers, though, there’s enough heart-pounding action in those few seconds to make up for it.
Could you be the next Mega Moolah millionaire? Try your luck at these casinos:
- LeoVegas – Online casinos don’t come much better than this, especially for slots players. Choose from a huge selection of games and enjoy 20 free spins no deposit when signing up (UK players).
- Casino Room – This award-winning online casino is as good as they get. Apart from Mega Moolah, there are hundreds of games to choose from. There are also multiple enticing welcome bonuses to take your pick from.
- Mr. Green – If you’re playing on a mobile device, this is the top-rated online casinos in the world. Up to 100 free spins and £100 is available for all new players. Mega Moolah is one of the hundreds of slot games to choose from.