Dead or Alive is a recent NetEnt slot which has taken the web by storm. It came out a couple of years ago and is already one of NetEnt’s most popular video slots. This game has a Wild West theme featuring cowboys, leather boots, pistols, glasses of beer, and the classic “Wanted” posters from back in that era. The Dead or Alive jackpot is x2,500 your line bet. There are also some features offering extra cash which we will explore in this review.
|NetEnt entertaiment||2009||Video Slot||9||5||96.8%||x2,500||Yes|
Dead or Alive – The Essentials
✓ NetEnt doesn’t produce subpar slots and this is no exception. In fact, it’s one of the best NetEnt slots, and that’s a high standard to live up to let alone exceed.
✓ This game has five reels and nine paylines. That’s an OK number of ways to win but isn’t huge.
✓ The Wild West theme is complemented by sound effects like gunshots, swinging saloon doors, and Western movie music.
✓ This slot can be played from £0.01, so you don’t need a lot of money to get started. The maximum bet per spin is £18, so it won’t break the bank even at the high end.
Dead or Alive Slot Features
This slot only has one bonus feature. It’s a free spins bonus round, but it has a few extras within it.
☑ Free Spins – Landing three double pistols on the reels will give you access to this feature. You get 15 free spins with an x2 multiplier.
☑ Sticky Wilds – Within the free spins round any wilds which land will stick in place for the duration of the round.
☑ Extra Spins – If you’re lucky enough to land a wanted poster on every reel at the same time you will get five extra spins.
How to Play
- Set the number of paylines you want to activate. Click the numbers at either side of the game screen. This will show you how the payline is made.
- Set your bet level. You can set this between one and four. The higher the bet level, the greater the risk, but the greater the reward if you win.
- Before you bet, you’ll need to set your coin value. This can be set between 0.01 and 0.50 with the higher values obviously meaning bigger bet sizes and bigger wins.
- Finally, click the green spin button. It’s a circle with two white arrows on it.
✰ This slot has an autoplay option. You can preset between 15 and 1,000 spins so you don’t have to click.
✰ You can also cut to the chase and click the “max bet” button for a single big spin. Proceed with caution, though, because as soon as you click this it’s game on.
Dead or Alive Slot Tips
Each slot is unique and how you should play each one is different. Here’s how to play DOA slot:
- The x2 multiplier in the free spins round is the key to big wins in this game. Bet with the idea that this could be triggered at any moment.
- Be prepared for some long dry spells followed by clusters of wins. When you’re on a streak, up your bet size.
This isn’t one of Netent’s most lucrative slots, but it’s a lot of fun to play and some big wins can still be had if you bet anywhere near the maximum. The main highlight is the free spins round, especially when the sticky wilds begin to pay off and multiple wins in a row start rolling in.
Dead or Alive can be enjoyed at the following casinos:
- LeoVegas – UK players can claim 20 free spins with no deposit required at LeoVegas. It’s the ideal casino for mobile players and there are literally hundreds of great slots to choose from. Check out Dead or Alive here.
- Casino Room – This is one of our highest-ranked online casinos. You can pick your deposit bonus of up to £200 when you sign up. Lots of great slots and table games are available at this casino.
- BGO – This casino offers up to 50 free spins with no wagering requirements for all new players. Hundreds of great slots and great live table and card games make BGO one of our top UK casinos.